I DO NOT SING IN THE SHOWER - LIL TAWG RETORTED IN A CLOSE INTERVIEW




Starting his musical journey in the year 2018 when he gained admission into the University (OOU), which also birthed the release of 'Money vibes' a single available only on Soundcloud, Jamike Efe Zeluwa aka Lil Tawg has never relented.

The Fast rising rapper and song writer keeps his head up and fully represents the Trap music culture. His new EP "Mood' was released on the 13th of april 2023 and its available on popular music stores. Mood comprises two mind blowing rap songs; real life and no reply. Our team conducted a close interview with Lil Tawg, enjoy the proceedings below. 



How would you describe your personality as a developing artist?

“I am very enthusiastic and positive about my music and it shows in my personality trying to do new things, being different and exploring my sound as an hip hop artist" 

What inspired you to make music?

“My love for music generally and I’m inspired to take that route to make my own songs”

How would you describe the music that you typically create? 

“'Hip hop and the trap sound, that’s what I fell in love with, but I will be trying new things with Afrobeat and Amapiano.”

What is your creative process like?

“I like bouncing on beats, then vibing and making lyrics, it’s my mood at times too”

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

“For collaboration, i will love to work with a lot of people and explore sounds but i will love a song with Buju. I think his energy and approach to music is fire.”

What is one message you would give to your fans?

“My message to my fans is just to believe in me and support that’s all, it’s just love, passion and positivism for music that got me here and that’s the energy I am sharing too.”

What is the most useless talent you have?

“I won’t say its useless, but I am good at guessing.”



Do you sing in the shower? What songs?

“I don’t sing in the shower.”

What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?

“If it wasn’t music i don’t know maybe

 business.”

Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? 

“I have performed at parties and school events. I am always positive and hyped when it’s my music.”

Do you have any upcoming shows?

“Not yet but I’m planning a concert by the end of the year.”

How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?

“It has helped me connect with a lot of people and I know it’s going to change my life since it’s already bringing the money.”

What is your favorite song to perform?

'Real Life' by my humble self, its a single from my new EP, Mood. its available on all popular digital music stores.

Which famous musicians do you admire?

“Future, Davido and Olamide.”

Many fans do not know what is happening backstage, What does the backstage looks like for a developing Artist? 

“It’s not easy but we keep pushing. I always remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and good things take time.”

What is the best advice you’ve been given?

“I've been told countless times not to give up and that I can do this.”

If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?

“I think the industry is designed to make you work hard and believe in yourself, there are lots of sounds, you just have to be yourself so you wouldn’t change.”

What’s next for you? Tell us about your upcoming projects?

“Drop more music for now, keep my fans updated with more content at the same time pushing the brand by Gods grace. My first concert is coming soon too.”

Our team spent a worthwhile time with Lil Tawg, his positivism alone is enviable. His undying love for music could take him places. Lil Tawg is an artist with rare determination. Yes, he isn't gonna give up, he is fearless of the competition and already understands the industry is interested in hardworking artist like him. Focusing on his unique style, no doubts, Lil Tawg is aiming for the stars and ready to drop hit songs back to back.

Funny but true, Lil Tawg says he doesn't sing in the shower. Singing in the shower is a widespread phenomenon among music lovers and Artists. People sing in the shower because the wall surface lack furnishings and creates an aurally pleasing playback. Its a thing many people do consciously and subconsciously. Surprisingly Lil Tawg happens not to be a fan of the idea.

Comments