10 Questions with Hellion


1. Tell us a little about where you are from and what you are currently doing:  

“My name’s Nancy Emeka Ihuma also known as Hellion. I am a Nigerian who hails from Abia State. I am an upcoming artist whose debut EP “SOS” is making a release soon.”

2. What inspired you to start playing and making music?

“As much as I know this sounds cliché, music has always been my coping mechanism since I was a child. I started doing music because I realized that not only did I have the voice or talent for it but I had a sound that the world needed to hear and I wasn’t going to deprive them of it.”

𝟯. Who are your biggest influences?

“The first ever big Artiste I had an obsession with was Shakira, and it was tremendous how I could reach different vocal ranges whilst singing her songs but with time, Artistes like Billie Eillish, Qing Madi and Rema gave me insight of the untapped potentials I had, so they played a huge part in my growth and development as an artiste.”


4. What are your goals in the music industry?

“My major goal is create the ‘Hellion’ sound and create a community where billions of people can find a safe haven in my lyrics. I’m going to make my music the ‘go-to’ sound when you need a touch of reality.”

5. Tell us about your creative process when you make new music.

“Before I created ‘SOS’; I used to just vibe to a beat and then go with the flow, I lost music for a few years cause I battled with depression, “Focus” from SOS was the first song I wrote when I rediscovered music. I am more of the ‘pouring my feelings into writing’ type of artiste and it’s worked for me with my other songs as well.”

6. What is your all-time favorite song?

“I am a lover of good music, so my favorites and taste changed from time to time based on seasons and moods. Today, I could be really into the Afro world, sometimes I’m into pop whilst other days, I’m listening to Country. But if I really had to pick, I’d go with ‘7 rings and Vision by Ariana Grande and Qing Madi’ respectively.”


7. What is the best advice you have either given or received in terms of music? 

““Start”, don’t wait, just start. I used to think that not everybody gets to be singers which is true but maturing is realizing that the same way we all have more than 10 artistes whom we love their songs is the same way, there are thousands of people out there who would resonate with your music and it’s lyrics. Don’t wait for a better day, just start.”

8. Proudest accomplishment?

“I am not exactly a perfectionist but I know there is still no much untapped growth I’m yet to even comprehend but so far, I am proud of the person I have become and is becoming. I am proud of that little girl finally living her dream because she deserves it; im really proud of her.”


9.  Just for fun! What's been your most embarrassing moment so far? 

“When it comes to music, my most embarrassing moment is when I go for talent shows and I see better singers and some days, I don’t win. It really got me thinking if I was really good to begin with but it made me realize that I was never aspiring to sound like Beyoncé, I’ve only ever wanted people to hear my lyrics and have fun telling stories with my songs. So yeah, it felt embarrassing but they were eye openers for me.”

𝟭0. Tell us about your lowest and highest points in music so far:

“My lowest point in music was when I was younger and my dad and mom told me several times that I was never going to be a successful singer; my dad legit told me that the only places I’d be invited to was weddings and churches so it made me believe it was true. Whilst my highest point in music; was when a lot of people heard my songs for the first time and I didn’t know them, they all loved it and it boosted my passion because in the end, you don’t make yourself, it is the people at the ground floor that gives you a boost to where you wanna be.”

Comments

  1. Nice one there. The world awaits you. Keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.keep it up with your talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ofc your talent has never been in Doubt Dear Nancy
    Remember listening to ur voice and it felt like heaven such that I mistook you for a foreigner how much more you showcasing that talent you got to the world
    I'm glad to say I've benefited so much from your impact...lol words will fail me if try to express how much love I have for you
    Jsyk even beyond the that's where you belong

    Keep soaring like an Eagle Nancy 🙏
    The world awaits you on the biggest stage Dearie ♥️💪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great talent, you play with confidence and vocally you have a really good tone
    So keep it up dear, lots of potential with superb power 🥹

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one Nancy I'm thrilled ✨💫keep shining .and remember this "never let anything weigh you down". This is the beginning of greatness 💯

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep pushing Nancy 🥰🥰. I love you dear 💕.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep going
    The sky is your starting point 😌💯

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nanceeyyyy... You've always been a Star. 🤩

    Shine on Dearie, I pray you get better and grow stronger each day.

    Cheers to greatness. 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go girl! And create good music

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in awe 😊reading this Nancy,you have such a beautiful and heavenly voice,I could remember the first time my brother and I heard your voice it was so soothing,I know the world is the still yet to see the best of you.keep growing and soaring higher.
    Cheers 🥂🥂 to more greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go make Momma Proud 😙🙂❤️👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment