10 QUESTIONS WITH LICIOUS CRACKITT

 

1. Tell us a little about where you are from and what you are currently doing?

“was born and raised in Lagos state but originally from Oyo state Nigeria and currently i am a Music Producer, Song writer and Recording Artiste ….”

2. What inspired you to start playing and making music?

“ I naturally picked up on some instruments a young age as i was around church and then at some point my Dad bought some instruments in the house so my internet grew naturally and i started learning more from my brother, i come from a family where all my siblings can play an instrument or two…afterwards i discovered the functions on the Keyboard and i made me want to compose my own music and that where the ambition to produce music started from.”

3. Who are your biggest influences?

“My influences are a lot , Rodney Jerkin(Dark Child) ,Timbaland, Master Kraft , Cohbams , George benson ,Kenny  G , A lot of Gospel musicians as well , too numerous to mention ,i grew up listening to rnb  and rap music( Including rappers like , eminem, fat joe, j cole , drake, 50 cents etc)Soul music , it shaped me into the kind of musician i am today.”

4. What are your goals in the music industry?

“have a sound that stands out and defines me in a unique way , make music and have a lagacy of Good music and in the future also have a community of creatives that work together to push the culturt even further.”

5. Tell us about your creative process when you make new music?

“There are times when i get inspired by playing some piank chords or some nice drum patterns or samples, i make a beat from scratch and decide on an idea or perspective for a storyline or concept to speak on before i start jotting lyrics and the record. otber times i pick up a beat from my archives and get a melody in my head and just sing it. some beats strike a chord in my mind and i step on the mic and just sing the first thing thag comes to mind and then listen over and over for how it sounds then i make sense out of it. i eventually write the body of the song, chorus, rap or whatever.. in the end i come up with a nice tune”

6. What is your all-time favorite song?

“its a hard question to answer… to be honest, i love music a lot and have had favourite songs a million times, im sorry there is so much to consider, But im juts going tell you a few songs that are on my favorite list, 23 by burna , we are the world by micheal jackson, laugh now by drake, take by drake and rihannah etc . just to mention a very few. lol”

7. What is the best advice you have either given or received in terms of music? 

 “ one of the best advice i was given is by Master Kraft, “never stop believing””

8. Proudest accomplishment?

“One of my proudest accomplishments is being able to evolve from just a producer to a songwriter and recording artiste and to see people genuinely like my work”

9.  Just for fun! What's been your most embarrassing moment so far? 

“Its embarrassing to hear my music with poor mix being released and played out loud .( i dont want my sound misrepresented) lol i don’t really get embarrassed, things may only happen as a lesson. things may take shape too slowly for my liking sometimes but i just see it as an opportunity to learn or build my mental strength and stamina.”

𝟭0. Tell us about your lowest and highest points in music so far.

“Highest point is when i get the sincere feedback of people loving what i created.. lowest point is when i feel people are taking my sincerity for granted.”


Comments